Sunday, August 4, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 97

Happy Holidays_edited-1

Hello again! I'm back this week with a card for Freshly Made Sketches.


Isn't this a great sketch?! So many ways to go with it. I had a couple banners lying on my desk from a previous project and it said Christmas to me - and it's never too early to start on Christmas, right? ;)

Here's a close up of the basket and bike. I don't understand why my embossing powder is acting like that - it's a very sparse covering. Anyone have any ideas? Bad embossing ink? Bad powder? User error? haha

Happy Holidays2

Oh well, maybe it makes it look a little more "loved", like the paint is wearing off. Can you buy that?

And one more parting shot...
Happy Holidays3

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Pedal Pusher (PTI)
Paper: white, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist (PTI)
Patterned Paper: MME
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Simply Chartreuse (PTI), Sahara Sand (Memento)
Other: Pedal Pusher dies, Smooches ink on the ivy beads, Zing red embossing powder

4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fantastic idea for a Christmas card! I love the holly trailing out of the basket! And as for the spotty embossing, I'd guess whatever ink you are using to stick the EP to is causing the problem. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Definitely one of the best Christmas cards ever! So original - I love it! Thanks for sharing it at FMS!

Sara Mac said...

What a cool card Jennifer! LOVE everything about it. Truly perfect.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Jen! I like the look of the embossing powder on the bike.... it reminds me of the look of the Nativity Silhouettes stamp set-- it looks really cool!
I wish I had advice to share about the EP, but I struggle with mine often, too.