Saturday, June 2, 2012

PTI MIM #68 Pocket Cards

2012 06 02_6148_edited-1

Hi all. This is my second post for today so be sure to scroll down to see my other post. :)

I had a chance to get down to my craft room last night and whipped up this pocket card for this week's Make-It-Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink. I really like to use the Front & Center die, scored and folded, as a pocket. It's just such a different look - a little cute and frilly. Nothing wrong with that. :)

Here's the pocket all by itself. I wanted this card to be mailable so I just wrapped some Raspberry Fizz ribbon around the pocket without a bow (read: I couldn't get the dang bow to look right so gave up and just left it flat.)

2012 06 02_6142_edited-1

And here's a close-up of the tea pot. I used Amuse Lichen for the solid tea pot image and Amuse Fern for the outline tea pot image.
2012 06 02_6143_edited-1

And here's the card insert. A few images of Turning A New Leaf (did you notice the leaf image on the tea pot matches the Turning A New Leaf image on the card insert? Pretty clever if I do say so myself) and the tea cup and sentiment from an old anniversary set called Everyday Classics. Love that set.
2012 06 02_6139_edited-1

And here's one last parting shot of the card.
2012 06 02_6138_edited-1

Doing this project I remembered how much I like pocket cards. I really should make that style more often.

Hope you liked it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Looks like we'll be spending it at ball games (again.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Everyday Classics, Turning A New Leaf, Tea For Two (all by Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Stampers Select White and Ripe Avocado (both by Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Lichen and Fern (both by Amuse), Turquoise (Colorbox), Hibiscus Burst and Fine Linen (both by Papertrey Ink)
Other: Front & Center #1 die, tea pot die (both by Papertrey Ink), Raspberry Fizz ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Love your card and that sweet little tea cup on the insert, so adorable.

craftmates said...

Gorgeous card! I like how you used the front and center die to create a pocket. Must try that soon! - Irma